Here are a few images of the Dash Assembly in place. We dodged a bullet with the calculations on this one. When everything was initially mocked up, the Dash Assembly had about a 3/8″ gap on each side due of the re-fabrication of the lower A Pillar area. Once all of the permanent pieces were in place (A Pillar Vinyl covering, New Dash Pad, Wind-lace material, etc…..) the opening was no longer there and the the pieces fit very tightly into place. They ended up fitting better than anticipated and have the same appearance as Factory engineered components. Sometimes it helps to be lucky and this was one of those “lucky” moments.
A Friend and Restoration Enthusiast (Nathan R.) asked if I would post some detailed photos of the completed Underside. I’ll take a quick detour from the Interior to post these pictures per his request. These do not show the finished Inspection Marks and some of the hardware still needs to be tightened/secured. Thanks for the inquiry Nathan!
Here are some pictures showing the LEGENDARY CUSTOM AUTO INTERIOR that was just delivered. This had been one of the most difficult aspects of the entire project to engineer. Having to design and manufacture brand new Door Panels, Headliner, Seat Parts, etc…… was quite a challenge. I want to give a huge thanks to the entire Team at Legendary Auto Interiors for all of the hard work they invested to get this part of the project completed. I want to especially thank BRIAN RIDLEY (Chief Operating Officer) of LEGENDARY AUTO INTERIORS for all of the personal attention he invested to complete this Custom Interior. He personally did the work on the Door Panels and even added Factory stamps, just like the ones that would have been seen on original Chrysler Door panels. There will be many addition pictures and updates to follow this area of interest. Stay tuned…….
Here are a few photos showing how the silver detail line was re-applied to the Steering Wheel center (rubber) insert. After cleaning the channel and removing all of the old paint, the entire recessed perimeter was taped off. This took over 3 hours to tape both sides of the channel. I used a round tipped, wooden skewer to help press the tape into place. The correct silver paint was them sprayed with an Air Brush. This method allowed the paint to be applied in a very calculated and controlled manner. After the paint cured and the tape was removed, the rubber was polished and buffed to look new again. Here are the final results.
Here are photos of the Passenger Side (complete) Rear Wheel. We used reproduction Trim Rings that had a shiny finish. They were mounted on a spare rim, the rim was bolted to a rotating Lathe and the inner surface was “brushed” with 320 grit sandpaper for a proper look. Factory correct NOS Schrader Valve Stems & Caps were also used to provide an original finishing touch.